What is A Bond?
While there are many different kinds, a surety bond is simply an agreement between three parties: The Principal, Surety and Obligee. The surety provides a financial guarantee to the obligee (entity which requires the bond), that the principal (person or business) will fulfil their obligations.
A principal’s obligations could mean anything from complying with state laws, to agreement to terms of a construction contract, or to handling a persons estate.
If the principal fails to meet their obligations, the surety may be required to resolve the agreed upon obligations by paying the claim to the obligee. The surety then would seek to recover from the principal.
The most common bond executed by the Kluemper Insurance Agency is a bond for probate in order to open an estate.
Often when a person passes away, the administrator or administratrix of the estate will be required to purchase a probate bond. The bond is simply a financial guarantee that the administrator or administratrix will handle the estate in a lawful manner.
Kluemper Insurance Agency has the ability to provide you with a bond in as little as an hour. We work closely with the Cabell County Probate Court to help you during the difficult time.
Contact our office today with all of your questions. Visit the contact page for driving directions, phone numbers, and e-mail contacts.
- Probate Bond: Probate is the legal process by which an estate is settled. Whether an estate has a will or not, the process of probate guides the steps that need to be taken on behalf of the deceased. The probate process involves three main steps:
- – Settle estate debts
- – Categorize the deceased assets
- – Disperse assets to beneficiaries appropriately
- Notary Services: Our notary services are just another way we make it easier for you to run your business.
- License & Permit Services: We offer a wide variety of license and permit services. Contact us for details.